Are you ready to change the labels and habits we talked about last month by taking up the ’30 Day Challenge’?
With every success comes some form of sacrifice and as every successful person will tell you they’ve sacrificed things for the success of their family or dreams.
What you are prepared to sacrifice is a strategic tactical decision, a manoeuvre similar to chess or poker, one needs to forgo something for the greater gain.
The question is – what are you willing to sacrifice for 30 days to achieve Money Success Dream?
The 30-day Challenge involves adopting a minimum of one sacrifice from the list below or perhaps something else that you are personally prepared to sacrifice. Remember some of the sacrifices may not be forever, but they are necessary for a period or until your ‘Money Success Dream’ is achieved.
WHAT successful people sacrifice to achieve their Money Success Dream?
- Spending excessive time on sporting activities.
- Long boozy lunches.
- Staying out late socialising.
- Negative friendships and connections.
- Activities that diminish the mind and physical endurance, such as drugs, alcohol and gambling.
- Subscriptions or memberships, if they don’t advance the soul or success.
HOW successful people sacrifice to achieve their Money Success Dreams
- Successful people look at each goal and work backwards. If they want to reduce stress by creating more cash flow, they set a target and work backwards. For example, if your goal is to save $5,000.00 or $500,000.00 in one-year, divide that by the 52 weeks and ask yourself, is that do-able and realistic or is it a bit of a stretch? The stretch is where the growth is, no pain no gain.
- They ask themselves what’s standing in the way. For example, I need more time, so they give up the Xbox or I need more money, so they give up expensive restaurants and or find a higher paying job.
- Successful people love the idea of their dream more than their Xbox or eating out at restaurants. They put a fire behind their desire and understand sacrifice is necessary.
WHY do successful people make sacrifices?
- Your WHY is the key. Being connected and passionate about your dream is the fire that fuels your desire and why your dream means so much to you.
- Why saving $5,000.00 or $500,000.00 means so much to you. It’s the thrill of how you will feel when you achieve your dream. What sort of difference will it make to your family? Perhaps it’s proving yourself to others.
- It’s the meaning you give it. For example, I am a good provider, I’m solid and dependable. I bring happiness into people’s lives there for my sacrifices have been worth it. I’m proud of myself.
- Your WHY fuels your drive to get things done.
The WINS not anticipated by successful people
• The sacrifice has caused you to be proud and you can see what you have achieved
• The sacrifice has developed the leader within
• The sacrifice has brought good people into your life
• The sacrifice has caused you to act on priorities and create life balance
• The sacrifice has allowed you to have enough money to contribute to the community
• The sacrifice has given you a whole new reason to live and recognise what’s important
• The sacrifice although tough at the time, was short term pain for long term gain
• The sacrifice has caused you to believe in yourself
One of my client’s money stress and depression was caused by the losing millions of dollars. Their vision and desire was to improve themselves, recover from depression and recoup their lost millions.
WHAT did they sacrifice? They limited the allocation of personal time to excessive behaviour, expenses, negative friendships, TV, socialising, partying activities along with social media and apps. They also had to move home, city and states several times to achieve their Money Success Dream. Many Sacrifices were made whilst staying true to self.
THE HOW – By evaluating their current lifestyle against their preferred lifestyle it became clear what changes where needed. They committed to their dream and embraced pain to make the gain. Big changes were required with habits and interests that wasted their time, money and energy all sacrificed.
THE WHY – The drivers of WHY are what gives meaning to your life, it fuels the fire and a ‘Pact to Act’ occurs. In this case it was to redeem self and finances. It was also about reminding themselves of how good of a person they are naturally, without false prop ups through socialising.
WINS not anticipated. They realised how well organised they had become, an even stronger clearer leader with greater influence over the direction of a national business. All past reputations were replaced with ore and inspiration.
I encourage you to ‘Make a Pact to Act’ by taking the 30-DAY CHALLENGE! I can assure you, that your life will start heading in the right direction, turning your Money Stress into Money Success.
Zoe is the director of Zoe Slater Counselling and CEO Freedom Choice Academy. She studied at The Australian College of Applied Psychology, Sydney Campus and completed her Diploma of Counselling and Communication at the Brisbane Campus. Zoe is an Associate Member with the Queensland Counsellors Association Inc and a member with Australian Counsellors Association.