In this article of Money Stress To Money Success, ZOE SLATER, Mental & Emotional Mindset Coach and Counsellor, and CEO of Freedom Choice Academy reminds us that your wealth comes from your mental health.
One of my client’s recently shared that whilst listening to one of my Facebook video’s they had made some astounding realisations.
It was like an awakening, in a sense they were flawed by who they had actually become and what they were doing to them self.
Maybe you can relate. Like many, my client had hoped the material things they were surrounding them self with would offer a quick fix for their real problems.
The quick fixes they were relying on included…
- Lots of unread positive mindset books
- Beautiful crystals that were meant to ease the emotional strain
- Vitamins to remedy the brain strain
- Plants to harmonise the home
- Oils to decompress the anxiety
- Luxurious linen to help them sleep better
- All those things are good but…
The harsh reality is – the above items had cost my client a small fortune, but were not fixing the root of the problem.
Quick fixes to self fix.
My client realised that for anything to change… they were the one who was going to have to do the hard work to bring about change!
Privately they were screaming for help. Friends thought they had it together, successful, good income, lovely home, happy go lucky, good support network and reasonably healthy to look at.
But inwardly and silently they were screaming for help…saying
- Please someone notice me, I’m not coping.
- Please notice I’m pretending.
- Please listen to what I am saying.
- Please notice that my personal presentation is getting shabby.
- Please notice that its harder for me to make decisions.
- When no one is looking I’m eating bad mood food.
- I’m drinking to feel better, stay awake or work harder.
Again, the harsh reality for my client was that, even if their friends had noticed, they still had to take responsibility for self-care. My Client was the one who had to show up and do the inward work to fix the problems.
Taking a new direction…
They wished they had realised sooner and asked me for help. But I am here to tell you that it is never too late to implement change.
My client’s money is no longer invested into more house trinkets that collect dust and clutter their home and COVID work space.
Instead, their money is now contributing to the one thing that go’s everywhere they do, ‘Their Mental Health’.
My client has now stopped:
- Buying random things.
- Crying over little things.
- Feeling invisible.
- Starring into nothing and getting no where.
- Losing time ruminating on what they wished they had said or done.
- Wasting valuable time they will never get back.
- Pretending with friends.
They have stopped doing nothing and are now doing the one most important thing to fix the problem.
So, here’s my ONE question to you…
If you were to stop and take stock. Have you surrounded yourself with trinkets that are not helping you fix your problems?
If the answer is YES, during these times of COVID stress and uncertainty, it’s the perfect time to reclaim your Mental Health and fix any money issues.
Want help to bring about change in your life?
I can help you with whatever challenges you’re currently struggling with and give you the assistance and guidance needed to solve your problems.
Book a Free Strategy Call with me now – Click here and schedule your time slot to speak with me.
MAKE A PACT TO ACT – practice the art of having money success and I assure you; your life will start heading in the right direction. Keep those questions coming
Until next month – Turn Your Money Stress into Money Success.
Keep those questions coming.
Zoe Slater Counselling and CEO Freedom Choice Academy. Zoe is an Associate Member with the QCA Inc and a member with Australian Counsellors Association.