About Ian Cain
Having spent from 1969 to 2000 working across various financial institutions including Commercial Bank of Australia, Finance Corp Australia and holding the top position as Aussie Home Loans number one loan writer in Australia for four 4 and half years, in 2001 Ian took the entrepreneurial path and established Home Loan Connexion.
The vision behind the move was to build a boutique style team of professional mortgage and finance brokers who were focussed on helping people make better choices with their finances, whether that be buying a home, buying a new car, starting a business, travelling around the world or enjoying a better lifestlyle in retirement.
Fast forward nearly two decades and Home Loan Connexion network now consists of over 30+ mortgage and finance brokers across the country offering customers a wide choice of home loan products via an extensive panel of lenders.
As the founding director, Ian’s vast industry experience, lending expertise and guidance is invaluable, and continues to be key to building the Home Loan Connexion broker network across Australia.
A recognised and awarded industry veteran, to this day Ian is still at the coalface working along-side Home Loan Connexion brokers, servicing and securing loans for the extensive database of clients he has built over the years.
In addition to servicing his own client base, as the founder and co-director of Home Loan Connexion Ian’s also responsible for initiating and implementing strategies that continue to drive the expansion of the group across the nation.
He manages the day to day financial activities, financial risks and corporate standards for Home Loan Connexion, and provides financial assessments and information to the head office team, ensure planning and budgeting activities meet the groups corporate goals.
Having spent nearly two decades cementing Home Loan Connexion’s footprint in the lending market, Ian remains focussed on developing and implementing strategies aimed at producing increased outcomes for the productivity and profitability of the organisation.
Constantly on the lookout for brokers who are seeking to pursue a successful and supported career in the finance industry, Ian is always up for a coffee and conversation with potential brokers looking to join the group.
Ian’s key business achievements and highlights include:
- Over 48 years’ experience in the finance and mortgage broking industry
- Founded and established Home Loan Connexion in 2001
- Cert IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
- A Member of the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA)
- 2018 State Winner – MFAA Excellence Award – Finance Broker Business 6+ Loan Writers
- 2018 State Winner – MFAA Excellence Award – Customer Service
- 2017 State Winner – MFAA Excellence Award – Finance Broker Business 6+ Loan Writers
- 2017 State Winner – MFAA Excellence Award – Customer Service
- 2016 State Winner – MFAA Excellence Award – Best Broker Group
- 2016 Winner – AFG ‘Champion Broker Group’ for QLD, NT & Northern NSW.