In this month’s article Zoe Slater, Counsellor and CEO of Freedom Choice Academy delves into of how by taking the Right Action opposed to the Wrong Action we can eliminate chaos and reduce our level of Money Stress.
What is the RIGHT ACTION and why do it? Taking the Right Action is something we are all born with. We have an inbuilt Right and Wrong indicator and science has proven it, although where it is actually located still remains a puzzle.
What we do know about the Right Action is that it makes you feel good about yourself from the inside out, making you and your self-esteem beam.
The Right Action guides you towards happiness and joy, a sense of fulfilment.
The Wrong Action creates a sense of remorse, sabotage or deliberate acts of nastiness and revenge.
Either way your fantastic inner awareness knows exactly what you’re doing and indicates the Right Action from Wrong Action.
The RIGHT ACTION is…what needs to be done to avoid chaos
- The right action can be challenging and takes effort
- The right action is often a sequence of events in the right order
- The right action can be the wise choice setting aside popularity or influence
- The right action can sometimes feel like a sacrifice which comes from an unsettled ego
- The right action takes in the bigger picture, for the greater good of the people not just one person
- The right action can offend those who are righteous about their emotional point of view
- The right action can cost money short term but long term your heart and wallet profits too
- The right action can take a little extra time and care, but in the long term saves you time and money.
The positive from RIGHT ACTION are life’s pleasures
The things you would prefer to be doing and making those dreams come alive.
- The right action makes you feel good about your self
- The right action brings peace and order into your world
- The right action makes your life seem lucky to others
- The right action prepares you for other opportunities
- The right action releases natural feel good hormones
- The right action lets others know your organised and reliable
- The right action tends to bring better, likeminded people into your world
- The right action makes relationships feel safe and secure in your presence
The WRONG ACTION is…. what causes chaos and is avoidance behaviour
- Not speaking up
- Not showing up
- Not following through
- Not be your word
- Not delivering your promise
- Doing the dishes instead of what your meant to be doing
- Being where you’re not meant to be.
The negatives from the WRONG ACTION
Here’s a small simple micro example:
Have you ever left the milk out, then when you needed some, it had curdled?
- You miss out
- You need to set time aside to get more milk
- The milk has in fact cost you double because you need to buy a replacement
- Now you are moody because you are without milk for your coffee.
- Yet the RIGHT ACTION would have been to put the milk away, which would only have taken you seconds.
Here’s a large problematic macro example:
One of my client’s didn’t allocate time to read an important financial contract before signing it.
- The contract didn’t provide the flexibility they thought it did
- It cost them thousands of dollars to fix
- It locked them in for months until they could change it
- They lost opportunities to invest in other deals
- The situation left them angry.
- They were disappointed and could only blame themselves for not taking the RIGHT ACTION which would only have entailed 2 to 4 hours of contract reading and adjustments.
Maybe you’re addicted to drama the ‘Wrong Action’ and enjoy the adrenalin rush of going through life leaping from one drama to the next. That sense of never quite surfacing long enough to take a break and feeling exhausted with lots to complain about to your friends?
In-fact people who have too much drama exhaust their friends through their self-important behaviours. Subsequently they never really have time to really get to know their friends or be available to help their friends. Is that you?
Are you to busy telling the whole world how shitty your day has been and why they should feel sorry for you? If you’re were not always complaining about something just imagine what would your life be like?
I really want you to realise how important taking the RIGHT ACTION is, so let me give you another example of how not taking the RIGHT ACTION can cause drama in your life.
Let’s say you’re too busy to fill the car with petrol and you run out of fuel and you don’t have road assistance. You’re now in a world of hurt or need others to rescue you. You are most likely to be late for something, your reputation can be affected, you lose work = lost pay, maybe stuck at the roadside in sweltering heat or cold wet windy weather. You’re miserable complaining about how the world is against you.
However, had you taken the RIGHT ACTION your life would be easier.
The other negative is on a deeper level. Perhaps you are used to letting yourself down or other people down. You pretend you don’t care, but it does hurt and then the voice in your head starts to tell you how bad you are, unorganised and so on, wondering when you will change your ways and grow up and be an adult.
Here’s the kicker, when you do the Wrong Action, it’s like your looking over your shoulder wondering who’s looking. Will you get busted, can you get away with this?. Yet there’s a deep knowing that the truth always finds a way of surfacing. On the inside your nervous, your gut is churning and your anxious and feeling worried. This is no way to live life.
- There is no real upside to the WRONG ACTION
- The wrong action can cost you friends and family
- The wrong action can cost you money
- The wrong action can cost you your job
- The wrong action can cause relationship break ups
- The wrong action can cause health issues
- The wrong action can cause you to be seen as unreliable and untrustworthy
- The wrong action can cost you your family and home
- The wrong action consistently is a sign that somewhere deep down inside you don’t think you’re not good enough to be happy.
It’s time to change this belief, so reach out and get some help. I am here for you and my contact details are below if you would like to have a chat about it.
The key points are
- Focus on the RIGHT ACTION
- The wrong action causes problems
- The RIGHT ACTION makes you feel good about yourself
- The wrong action say’s you’re not good enough
- The RIGHT ACTION shouts to the world you confident and successful.
Some extra things to think about
The RIGHT ACTION takes effort and Your Worth It!
MAKE A PACT TO ACT – Practice the art of having money success and I assure you, your life will start heading in the right direction. Keep those questions coming
Zoe is the director of Zoe Slater Counselling and CEO Freedom Choice Academy. She studied at The Australian College of Applied Psychology, Sydney Campus and completed her Diploma of Counselling and Communication at the Brisbane Campus. Zoe is an Associate Member with the Queensland Counsellors Association Inc and a member with Australian Counsellors Association.