Join Our Broker Team
Want to be a broker with Home Loan Connexion?
Our experienced and knowledgeable team will welcome you and provide support when you need it.
We offer a healthy and robust ‘Commission Structure’ paid at market rates, with no restrictions in regards to location or territory. Talk with us about your next step in your career.
Interested in becoming a broker?
Founded in 2001, we are an award-winning mortgage broking firm with brokers throughout Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria that has access to over 45 lenders including all the major banks.
Our culture means many of our founding brokers are still with us today. Our two Directors are always available and you will see them frequently. Both still actively write loans, so they understand the changes and challenges you and the industry faces. The team at HLC believe that working hard and having fun needn’t be mutually exclusive.
What an HLC Broker looks like
We like to help people. We are approachable, friendly, nurturing, passionate, solutions-oriented and fun. We treat our customers with respect and educate them so that they can make informed choices, and we are always available to provide whatever support is needed.
We speak in plain language, and always act in our customers best interests. We truly care about securing winning outcomes for our customers.
How we treat our customers
We put our customers at the forefront of everything we do: Every query, transaction and interaction is designed to deliver excellence, ease and expertise.
We truly listen to our customers’ needs and through solution-focused strategies, we explore all options on their behalf to provide a tailored mortgage solution that will suit their unique needs.
Throughout the loan process, we keep in constant contact with our customers, keeping them personally updated on the progress of their loan. Our clients are never left questioning their loan status or if deadlines will be met.
Build your own business
We provide our brokers with all the necessary tools and support they need to build a successful brokerage. Brand, website, social media, a suite of marketing material, compliance support and diversification strategies.
Our brokers tend not to leave us, but if terminating outside of the contracted term of their appointment, their trail book is theirs and it will continue to be paid after leaving.
Partnering for success
We work with the ASX listed Australian Financial Group (AFG) who account for 11% of all Australian residential lending, which provides our brokers with security and strength. AFG’s award-winning and market-leading Software and Apps provide our team with the technology to provide our customers with a modern and efficient process setting the scene for a great customer experience.
Why choose Home Loan Connexion?
You are more than just a number to us. Our brokers not only enjoy the benefits of the panel and systems of Australia’s largest aggregator, but the guidance, support and assistance you would expect from a dynamic and expanding small business.
What we provide
We provide our team with access to our offices and facilities at Woolloongabba, Brisbane. This includes the use of the meeting and boardroom, telephones, internet, stationery, marketing material and brochures. Our friendly head office team can help you with credit scenarios, business planning and deal escalation. We also provide access to our business coach whose role is to help you with all aspects of your business. For the first three (3) months following their appointment, our brokers are provided with ‘Loan Processing’ services at no cost.
Mentee Training Program
The program is open to entry by all brokers across the nation who have less than 2 years industry experience. Home Loan Connexion brokers undertaking the program receive a 50% discount off the standard monthly fee.
Some of the benefits of working with us
- Experienced and knowledgeable team will welcome you and provide support when you need it
- A healthy and robust ‘Commission Structure’ paid at market rates
- No restrictions in regards to location or territory
- Access to AFG’s leading ‘Software and Applications’
- Access to efficient and time saving ‘Loan Processing’ services
- Bonus – 3 Months free access to ‘Loan Processing’ services
- Full suite of marketing collateral
- Website and social media assistance and training
- Vehicle & Equipment Finance solutions via Astute Connexion with a generous commission split
- Compliance guidance, assistance and support
- Business planning, development and coaching facilities and services
- A dedicated ‘Business Coach’ to work with you to drive and achieve the outcomes your desire
- Innovative Walk ‘n’ Talk meetings with our Directors
- A locum service which covers brokers during holiday periods or when taking a break
- The ability to leverage off the strong relationships built with our existing business partners
- Continued learning and networking with monthly professional development meetings and forums
- Access to a ‘Mentee Training Program’ – for brokers with less than 24 months industry experience
- Access to our ‘Health and Wellbeing Program’ and affiliated services.
Commitment: Understand and anticipate our customers’ needs.
Education: Understand the market, products, options and regulations.
Leadership: Guide our customers through the process, end to end.
Partnership: Actively listen to our customers, clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
Passion: Make a positive difference.
Perseverance: Strive to find a solution to any problem.
Our Mentee Training Program
ASIC states that it is critical that we are adequately trained because of the important role we play in the process of consumers’ decision making on home loans. Our real-world learning program is designed around the core competencies expected by our regulator and education around best practice processes:
Dealing appropriately with consumers
- Ability to gather relevant information about a consumer’s situation as needed, including their relevant personal and financial situation.
- Ability to establish and address consumers’ priorities and concerns.
Types of home loan products and their characteristics
- Broad knowledge about the range of home loan products available in the lending industry, and their characteristics.
- General understanding of the loan process, loan features, and fees, charges and commissions.
Economic and market context
- Knowledge of relevant economic environment, including the business cycle and market factors, and inflation.
- Basic financial and accounting concepts directly relating to home loans, including interest rates.
- Real estate terms and concepts (e.g. land titles).
• Dealing appropriately with consumers
• Interview Skills
• Marketing Plan
• Best Practice Sales Process
• Duty of Care
• File Management
• How to get the most from the Lender and their BDM
• Corporate Competence (Non-Diploma Holders)
• Business Planning
• System Training